There are many problems that can arise regarding a garage door, but the Denver garage door repair experts are ready to handle all of them. However, there is a way to avoid big problems, and that is proper maintenance. Also, if you notice something wrong with your garage door, you should call a repair expert as soon as possible, to avoid the problem escalading.
So, here are a few steps you can take to make sure that your garage door is in working order and in a good shape:
- A visual inspection. Look for signs of damage and wear in:
- Mounting hardware
- Door balance test: lift the door manually, it should slide smoothly. If you have a garage door with an automatic opener system, close the door and disconnect the automatic opener first.
- Reversing mechanism test: only if your door is equipped with an automatic opener system.
- Photo eye test: again, only if you have an automatic opener system.
- Force setting test: only for automatic opener systems.
However, if you do not want to, or if you do not feel prepared enough to perform these tests yourself, just call a Gold Label Door expert. Also, if you notice something wrong during any test, call a Denver garage door repair specialist.